More Feedback Factions Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by MW24THEWIN, Jul 3, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do you Agree?

Poll closed Jul 5, 2017.
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Neutral

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. battah71

battah71 Forum Enthusiast

Ngl I am actually happy there is a more active admin that will actually work on stuff when you ask in game and on forums :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. pimpin81

pimpin81 Active Member

Factions really needs a reset asap!!! I miss playing factions, it used to be included in my everyday routine. The only thing I started hating about minetime was that raiding was impossible, and this is what destroyed the faction community, everyone just kept building up to the top until it got boring. So if factions ever resets, it would be nice to make raiding possible. I have talked to MANY friends and they all say the same, they all want a reset too.

3. Beeman

Administrator

I guess the hard thing is how do we go about implementing features that encourage more raiding. I am personally not a fan of Obsidian Destroyer, as if I make a huge base, I don't want to spend hours having to find a way to auto regeneration the obsidian walls, etc. Right now, the main ways to raid on Factions consist of using /jump, insiding or overclaiming. The only feasible option I see on how we can encourage more raiding is lowering the perk for /jump, but that in turn, could backfire if everyone has access to the command.

4. pimpin81

pimpin81 Active Member

well, /jump really doesn't do anything because everyone found out that if you put lava on slabs then it blocks you from doing /jump. I don't like obsidian destroyer either but we have to find a way to make raiding possible, because as of now it is 99% impossible to raid a big faction.

5. battah71

I mean I can still probs raid any base I would like assuming something isn't patched.

6. pimpin81

pimpin81 Active Member

minetime is extremely hard for new players

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. battah71

As most people are wanting a faction reset, I came up with a few ideas that the staff could either implement or change in their way for the new factions reset :)

* Mob arenas
    * /duel (You don't lose your items, there is a kit you get to use)
    * Pvp Events (1v1's - 5v5's. The winner gets money, gaps, spawners, and if staff is generous, possibly a tag)
    * Re-vamp the kits for ranks. Make it actually worth to donate. I would recommend stuff like tnt and obsidian into kits
    * /f top rewards (Once you fix f top, registers ballance and spawner value) Every couple weeks or so, the richest on /f top will get some reward.
    * bring back the old /warp pvp arena (1.7 map)
    * Bring back prot 6 sharp 6? (This can be voted on if needed) (Maybe make it a reward for winning events or a rare /f top reward?)
    * Add more warps and implement a /wilderness command. More warps as in /warp Desert /warp plains /warp hills ect.
    * Keep spawners, such as creepers igs zombie pigmen ect, but lower the shop prices by a ton, and also add /sell hand for mob drops and ores
    * Bring back a /warp enchant

Please give me your opinion on it :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. pimpin81

pimpin81 Active Member

I do not like the p6 idea and I also feel like winning p6 as a f top reward or the event reward would be to op. also I have found that admins have a greater advantage in pvp because of /fix. having /fix and gaps is basically like saying you cant die at all. your ideas are great battah, I agree on everything but what I mentioned above!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. battah71

What if they implemented a item that gives players /fix. Say its very rare but you could win it out of something like pvp events. If the player who won the pvp event has /fix I am sure he could sell it for a good amount of money.

10. pimpin81

pimpin81 Active Member

my solution would be, everyone gets /fix and gaps get taken out of the game completely. we have to find a way that new players have a chance to get rich and powerful like the more advanced players.

11. battah71

How will you repay the players who bought /kit goldenapple?

12. Matt0

Matt0 Forum Enthusiast

If you were to use this map, the pvp arena needs a major revamp in size.

As said above, it is really easy to get a 100% unraidable base. The reason behind factions dying is because of two things.

One reason that the server went downhill is because of economy issues. Considering that I could afford everything in the shop within a couple days shows how the economy was so unbalanced. I suggest taking out all of the natural spawners and only make them for purchase within shop. I also suggest to lower all mob drop prices in the shop to make it harder to earn cash.

The second reason the server died so quickly is the fact that literally every base had the same unraidable defenses. It was actually impossible to raid on this server (if you knew what you were doing). The server literally had no raiding aspect to it except for insiding and overclaiming which rarely happened. I would really like to see these issues fixed in the next reset.

I'm looking forward to a factions reset and hopefully it's soon.

Edit: I would also like to see a comeback of warp wild. In this last reset, wild was far away from spawn and nobody went to it. I suggest moving warp wild closer to spawn like it was in 1.7.

#32 Matt0, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. battah71

I agree with everything you said here, if you'd like to PM me here or on discord, I will tell you some ways I feel we could make raiding possible.

14. UnbanzStyles

UnbanzStyles New Member

sounds like you want this to be another server with hacking allowed?

15. pimpin81

pimpin81 Active Member

I agree with everything matt said, and minichipz.. number 4 is the worst idea yet... but I agree with everything else you said xD

16. battah71

How is this another server? Mob arenas were already implemented and the f top is messed already. If you want something new you need to add new things like rewards. As far as i'm concerned I don't see f top rewards being handed out on other servers, that I know of. What else do you think is being copied?

17. UnbanzStyles

UnbanzStyles New Member

* /duel (You don't lose your items, there is a kit you get to use) -cosmic/every other possible good server
    * Pvp Events (1v1's - 5v5's. The winner gets money, gaps, spawners, and if staff is generous, possibly a tag)
    - alot of other servers
    * Re-vamp the kits for ranks. Make it actually worth to donate. I would recommend stuff like tnt and obsidian into kits -regardless doesn't matter
    * /f top rewards (Once you fix f top, registers ballance and spawner value) Every couple weeks or so, the richest on /f top will get some reward. -the archon
    * bring back the old /warp pvp arena (1.7 map)
    * Bring back prot 6 sharp 6? (This can be voted on if needed) (Maybe make it a reward for winning events or a rare /f top reward?) -1.7 /p2w
    * Add more warps and implement a /wilderness command. More warps as in /warp Desert /warp plains /warp hills ect. -cosmic
    * Keep spawners, such as creepers igs zombie pigmen ect, but lower the shop prices by a ton, and also add /sell hand for mob drops and ores -sell hand from any cannoning server, and changing prices
    * Bring back a /warp enchant - i dont understand when you can make an enchanter

18. Popmop

Popmop Server Poperator
    Administrator

19. Dragondaman1020

Dragondaman1020 Dedicated Minetimer

Support! @xBMAN @Pile @CypriotMerks @Noobcrew

20. iBigPapi

iBigPapi Active Member

Bring back the /kit pvp (protection 6) , It gives a greater aspect to the game and gives us something to brag about and work and persevere to gain, whether it be raiding or pvp. And server-side it is a great source of revenue for you guys.

Bring back mob-arena

and bring back the 1.7 nostalgic feel map, with the spawn bases up front.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.