Factions Faction additions

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by PingPongGamer, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PingPongGamer

PingPongGamer Former Builder

Hello, I've come up with a few suggestions for factions. I hope these can be implemented next rest, or even this reset.

/f top winners:
    Now that /f top works and is an official thing, I'd like to see more added towards it. Minetime factions hasn't got much that you can do with your own faction other than farming and raiding others. If there was a prize every two weeks or so (how ever the staff choose to do it) for the number one faction on /f top, then I believe many factions would compete against each other for it. This is something I'd like to see on Minetime, factions competing against each other more often.
    Obsidian breaker:
    I understand last time this question was asked, the factions community was divided into two over this question. I believe Minetime has never grasped some of the true aspects of factions, such as raiding. Raiding can be near impossible on factions, and it doesn't take an immense amount of effort to be the best, but rather time. If obsidian breaker is implemented, you wont need client tricks to get into bases, you wont need insiders constantly, but you can have a fair chance just like everyone else. Many factions sit in their base, farming for hours upon hours and call them selves, ''good''. I'd like to see a much harder and competitive community within factions.
    Adjusting spawner prices, and adding new ways to make money:
    The economy on factions is far too rich and easy. Some of the spawner prices don't make any sense, such as Creeper spawners and Iron Golem spawners. Both of these drop loot which can be sold for the same price in the shop, although a Creeper spawner will cost you 2 million, where as an Iron Golem spawner would only cost 1 million? Not only that, but the selling prices for mob loot is far too high. I'd also like to mention how the only way you can earn a good amount of money is through spawners, therefore I'd like to see farming nether warts become another reliable source of making some money, even farming sugar cane, seeds, ect.
    Kits:
    Kits were removed due to EULA, although it would be nice if players could earn kits for in-game money or rewards, such as rewarding them through crate keys or even the /f top winner suggestion above. I'd also like to see kits with decent loot, rather than Admin kits containing protection 3 which would only be useful for the start of a reset.
    I hope you can take these suggestions into consideration, and I truly believe that these would bring some new exciting aspects to factions. @Tyler @Pile @Matt @Thrawt

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Matt0

Matt0 Forum Enthusiast

I definitely agree that the economy on factions is way too over powered but in order to fix this, we'd have to reset the server. The main priority at the moment is Prison. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem having Factions reset after Prison is dealt with. Good suggestions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PingPongGamer

If I was Tyler, I'd reset a few serves before factions for sure, especially prison. I just wanted these suggestions to be implemented once there is time for a factions reset :)

4. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

These are all really good ideas ^.^ Especially Obsidian Breaker, Factions is so much more fun when you get to raid everybody's bases. I've never seen Factions Top Winners before, but it seems like a good idea.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PingPongGamer

Ikr, I'd love obsidian breaker. Faction needs to be about wins, and loses, not just wins and gaining constantly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Angel

Angel Expert Member

i agree 100%. i also think there should be more ways to start up in factions, nobody new plays on factions. whenever new players get on, they don't have much guidance on how to start up and spawners are so expensive, the only way to start up was playing from the restart to mine the underground spawners. i just don't like the idea of grinders to make money i guess, too little effort to get too much money. i suggest bringing back nether wart farms, or somehow making the idea of grinders less op and less hard to start up for beginners.

obby breakers seem like a great idea too. there are too little ways to raid, and i may be wrong, but /jump is going to be taken out soon anyway. it would make factions quite more fun and competitive, because being raided is a part of factions. all these would be great additions to factions and could possibly make it fun again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. BananaTiger

BananaTiger Forum Enthusiast

You dont need obby breaker to raid a base... Tons of factions get raided every day.. For example .... Obby breaker would just make bases so easy to raid there would not even be a point in building them...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Popmop

Popmop Server Poperator
    Administrator

I agree, obsidian can be damaged by TNT only to a certain point until it breaks. An obsidian breaker would just be a more OP way of breaking obsidian. However if they do implement this they should add bedrock to the shop, though i don't think they would do this since it would defeat the purpose of an obsidian breaker and make it impossible to raid.

9. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

Unless Bedrock was over 1 billion per piece

10. Popmop

Popmop Server Poperator
    Administrator

People wouldn't buy it tho, and overall it would ruin gameplay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.