"Empires For Dummies" a guide to Empires

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Archives' started by ALECWALL, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALECWALL

ALECWALL Dedicated Minetimer

Empires is currently broken and will most likely not be fixed any time soon, or ever.

Empires was great was it was up, I even purchased a paid empire for * month(s) and spent over $*** on it.... All wasted. Easiest way to waste money on a crappy cause, because minetime sucks now...

Introduction: Hello, I figured while I am waiting for empires to come back up, I would make a little guide for the new-comers of empires/or the people that just don't get it. I have recently noticed that even after reading all the rules and instructions, that players are still confused and have no clue on what to do or how to get plugins.

About Empires: Empires is a way of having a lag-free server (empire) within a server. You control everything! Plugins (if a donator) whitelisted players, banned players, staff you want. Basically your own server. Altogether empires is a great gamemode and one of the best!

NOTE: Minetime donator ranks do NOT give you any extra perks on Empires. To get a paid server, please go to empires.buycraft.net.

Joining Minetime Empires:

To join Minetime, create a new server or direct connect to the IP: minetime.com then walk through the big Empires portal, empires, however has its own IP as well; you can direct connect to or add it as a new server; empires.minetime.com

Creating an Empire:

The first thing to do, if you are completely new, is read the instructions and try to understand them. Then you can finally create your empire.

To create your empire, you must run the command: /empire createfree
    and I little message should pop-up and say something link empire is creating, please wait.
    If you join your empire, it should look brand-new and look like vanilla minecraft. Why does it look like vanilla minecraft? There are no plugins installed!

Installing Plugins:

To install plugins; you must do /hub or /empires lobby, and you should have a chest in your inventory that looks so;
    2015-05-19_21.56.14.png
    It'll say "Plugin Browser" on it, to open it click on it. You should see something that looks similar to this (sorry I have a paid empire so It has a whole lot of plugins):
    2015-05-19_21.56.16.png 2015-05-19_21.56.18.png
    Once you see this, there should only be one regular chest, Essentials (if you have a free empire) BTW: you must vote before you even make a free empire)
    Once you see the Essentials chest, click on it, if it says "error" in red, make sure no one is on your empire, and also try relogging a few times.
    Once essentials is installed, you can join your empire and make it great to your wildest free dreams! To allow others to join, do /whitelist disable

Donator Info:

First off, in order to donate, you must do /buy ingame or visit minetime's webstore, and click empires.Once you are there, you can choose the empire you want: You do not need one of the empires to buy the next empire up. It is a monthly subscription that can be payed via PayPal and PaymetWall. Once that subscription is purchased, you should see in about 1-6 minutes in-game a message saying something like Purchases have been credited. BAM you have a paid empire now ;) You can download any plugins, except PermissionsEx (for now). To download them you do the same thing stated above about downloading plugins, remember, if it does not work the first time, make sure no players are on your empire and relog a few times. Please be patient with plugins. After your plugins are installed you can log on to your empire and start making it awesome!
    Here is the donator list;

Empires store info:

Basic Empire: $5/month: 5 slots, 5 plugins. Access to the nether, not end. WorldBorder (WB); 5,000
    Premium Empire: $7.50/month: 15 slots, 15 plugins. Access to both the nether and the end. WB: 10,000
    Gold Empire: $12/month: 20 slots, 20 plugins " " WB: 15,000
    Platinum Empire: $25/month: 50 slots, 100 plugins " " WB: 25,000
    Everything Empire: $85/month: Unlimited plugins, 200 slots, " " WB: 50,000 (Ability to request plugins that are not in the chest)

Basic Empires Commands:

/empire createfree - create a free empire. Must vote 2 times to create.
    /empire recreate - recreate your empire. Wipes everything, even plugins.
    /empire whitelist enable - whitelists your empire.
    /empire whitelist disable - turns whitelist off.
    /empire whitelist add {player} - adds a player to your whitelist
    /empire whitelist remove {player} - removes a player from your whitelist
    /empire join - join your own empire
    /empire join {player} - Join another empire.
    /empire list - list the empires you are whitelisted on.
    Soon to be added? {maybe} (When added, you might have to be a donator for some of these commands)
    /empire stop - I assume it'll stop your empire from the lobby.
    /empire start - Opposite of above
    /empire listbackups - list the backups of your empire
    /empire restore - If you accidentally do /empire recreate, I assume this is the undo command.
    /empire info - Info about your empire?
    /empire exec - ?
    /empire reload - reloads your empire- mini-restart.
    /empire verify - ?
    /empire modify - ?

Example Empires:
    (most of the empires I assume are no longer here, I cancelled mine for now)

/empire join ALECWALL (mine highly recommend it, many things to do; Factions, KitPvP, Paintball, TNTRun, Parkour, Survival PlotMe, GTA and Prison coming soon)(It'll be down for a while, since I removed my subscription due to empires being down so long, I will remove this messages once it is up and working fully and awesomely again)
    /empire join LordOfLegion (very nice factions server)
    /empire join IAmMark1898 (nice factions server)
    You can state more in the comments. ;)

I hope that this list helped all of the confused players, please remember to be patient with empires as it is still in beta.

#1 ALECWALL, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Jack

Jack Forum Fanatic

Of course you put your own...

3. ALECWALL

If you joined it, you would know why. Thanks though. ;)

4. Jack

Jack Forum Fanatic

I will look, if Empires is up.

5. Sheldon

Sheldon Dedicated Minetimer

Great guide. Have edited in a line and pinned.

6. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

It's actually really good.

7. Jmac

Jmac New Member

I believe it is /empire createfree

8. ALECWALL

Thanks, I updated it.

9. MrZeal

MrZeal New Member

Wow, nice that helped a lot... now I know why Im waiting for empires to get fixed... :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.