EU Cidnynator - Helper Application

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by Realistic, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Realistic

Realistic Fake Builder

Your in-game name:
    Cidnynator

What timezone are you in?

GMT+1 and GMT+2 (depending on the time of the year)

What country do you live in?

Sweden - Malmo

What languages do you speak?

I speak Swedish and English fluently. I then understand a lot of Norwegian, Danish, Arabic. I also know some Spanish but not too much.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No

Yes

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

I'm using bandicam and the screenshot tool on my PC for now. (until I decide to download something better)
    I use quick time player and the built-in screenshot tool on my laptop.

Why do you think you should become a helper?

First of all, I've gained a lot of staff/moderation experience since I last applied. I know how to deal with different situations and if I'm uncertain about anything I refer to the guidelines (if you have any). I've spent a lot of time on Minetime and I know the server quite well. I'm also currently on the build team so I guess I already contribute to the server in some way.
    I might not seem like the most active builder on the server but I have a "good" reason for that. I've set a rule for myself that I'm only going to be building during weekends if I'm not busy with something else. That's basically why I might seem inactive (might seem a bit off-topic but I thought I would bring it up anyway).
    As I said I've been around on Minetime for a while and I've spent a lot of time on the server. I do usually jump around on all different servers but when it comes to playing I am mostly on the creative server.

My personality might seem a bit weird to some people. I can go from being happy and chill to just dead serious in a matter of seconds. I do not tolerate racism or discrimination, I'm okay with jokes as long as nobody feels offended or sad about it. I also do not tolerate any form of disrespect or bullying. I know how bad it feels to be treated like nothing and I really don't want anyone to feel that way.
    But don't take me wrong, I'm a chill guy and I don't mind people messaging and talking to me as long as I'm not in the middle of something very important.
    Moderating and helping out is not my only reason for applying. Sure it's the main reasons but I've got other things in mind too. Basically, there are a few staff members that I want to "get closer to" and ask for help with something that's unrelated to Minecraft. This thing is basically my future life and I take it very seriously.
    Some of you might have noticed that I have changed a bit during this past months, there's a pretty simple reason for that. I'm not the happiest person in the world and probably never will be. I'm always stressed out and tired. I feel ill pretty often and everything just feels like a waste of time. But this changes when I play games. I feel a lot more relaxed and able to think about something else other than the huge amount of pointless homework that I have.
    Other than that, I work great in groups, and I'm not afraid to ask others if I'm unsure about something.
    This whole paragraph probably seems a bit off-topic but I thought that I would be a good idea to talk a bit about myself and the kind of person I am today.

I would never say that I treat everyone equally because I don't, I try but I don't. If someone doesn't deserve it because they are disrespectful towards me or others I will treat them in a special way. I would, of course, act professionally and not ignore them if they need any help. But I would not interact with them if not necessary. I will treat everyone the way I want them to treat me whilst also considering how they have treated me in the past. I've been told to treat others the way I want to be treated for years now and I've recently realized how important that is.
    I also have gained a lot more staff experience. I worked very hard on another server and claimed all the way from helper to staff manager by gaining trust, taking my job seriously and just being very involved with everything that happens. If I would happen to get accepted I would do the exact same thing on Minetime because that's how I am. I'm aware of all the rule, basically know them inside and out. I know how to deal with reports, tickets, and other similar things. I do also have experience when it comes to hosting server

How long can you be active on the server every day?
    I can be online for at least 2-3 hours during weekdays. During the weekends it all depends if I've got things to do or not. But I would be able to be online for at least 10 hours if really needed to.

How long have you been playing Minetime?

Since late 2013 if I remember correctly.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

I was once banned from the forums for 1 day.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator/helper?

Yes, I do! I'm currently staff manager on another server. Worked my way up from helper and gained a lot of experience.

If you have any questions just comment and I will try to reply as well as I can.

#1 Realistic, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    • Supa Hot Fire Supa Hot Fire x 1
  2. Istok

Premium

Support:
    - Very detail and interesting application
    - Played for a long time
    - Part of build team already
    - Lots of messages on forums
    - Already staff on another server
    - Sucks that you got banned for 1 day on forums
    - Not very active
    - Haven't seen you help many people

Good luck and have a good day! :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Realistic

Realistic Fake Builder

Thanks!

I guess I've been fairly inactive lately. This is mostly because all my friends left Minetime so I didn't have anyone to play with, and basically just got bored.

4. Nathan

Nathan Salty Ex-Mod

support! :thumbsup:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Realistic

Realistic Fake Builder

Thanks!

6. LegendsNOVA

LegendsNOVA Dedicated Minetimer

I saw you on discord the other day, but I don’t see you much often. Since you are on the build team, and you seem like a nice person, I support you!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Omgitswarp123

Omgitswarp123 Forum Enthusiast

Support very detailed and on the build team. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. benji

benji Forum Enthusiast

Clear Support!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Realistic

Realistic Fake Builder

Thanks

10. Popmop

Popmop Server Poperator
    Administrator

Support for reasons stated above ^^^ and I feel too lazy to type them out

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. SmallCat

SmallCat Dedicated Minetimer

Support!:
    • Very well detailed and thought out application
    • Has helped me various times
    • Online in discord everyday
    • Already on the build team
    • Old Minetime player
    Good luck, and have a great day! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Realistic

Realistic Fake Builder

Thanks!
    Thanks!
    It won't be a downside ;) wouldn't have bothered making an application if I wouldn't have had the time for both servers.

13. ExcitedShark

ExcitedShark Active Member

I haven't really talked to you much, but you're nice and help people out
    Support

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Realistic

Realistic Fake Builder

Thanks!
    Thanks!
    Nice :p https://imgur.com/a/VNhJI

16. Quwaii

Quwaii Active Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. PingPongGamer

PingPongGamer Former Builder

Neutral
    • Well written application.
    • Being part of the buildteam lets you work with the staff, and having that experience is always great to have.
    • I feel like you're moody a fair bit, especially around me. I don't know if it's because of me or just your personal life, but trying to be less moody is always good.
    Overall, just a few things you could change and I'd give my support :) Good luck.

18. Realistic

Realistic Fake Builder

19. PingPongGamer

PingPongGamer Former Builder

You stated a few reasons to why you can be moody towards certain people (I am one of them) and I was just unsure :)

20. SenpaiBri

SenpaiBri Dedicated Minetimer

Support! Good luck Cid :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.