PVP Fest Alt Farming and why it's bad for pvpfest :(

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by C03PacketPlayer, Jun 2, 2017.

1. C03PacketPlayer

Hey everyone. SigmaClient here, so recently I have been seeing more and more players on pvpfest bringing alt accounts on and having them used as bots to where they will just auto warp to tropics/greece or any of the warps and players will just sit at the warp with aura on slaying the alternate accounts. This is easily setup with a few alternate accounts and a few hacked clients have support for having the bots do automated commands on join. This allows players to generate $ extremely quickly when you bring on like 5+ accounts and I don't feel like it is a fair way of doing so, your not earning the kills.

I feel, and I know many others do also, that this kind of farming destroys the whole economy of the kitpvp server. There are players that just go afk and farm like this all day [I will hold back names], and just get huge sums of money, pretty much enough to buy all the things in the shop 100x over. I just feel that this makes the shop useless as everyone has p3 u3 full diamond armor and sh5 swords and too many gapples to kill anyone. In addition, if a scoreboard for top kills / kdr would be added, which I think personally is a cool idea, the stats would be faulty because of alt farming, players just killing their alts and getting insane statistic because of it.
    I want to see the server grow and be more successful and I believe stopping altfarming on pvpfest is one step toward a healthier community.

Now, there is that question of HOW can you actually stop this?
    Well, I have thought of a few possible solutions and I will list them here...
    [] Keep player ip addresses on join to the server [given in console] and if there is a player on and another account that has the same ip....well it's an alt. If that player is caught farming with their alts I'd say give them a warning, and if it happens again a temp ip ban, and if a third time pernament ban of that ip.
    [] Now, I know what you're thinking, they can just use a vpn and another alt. Yes, sadly this is an issue and I am still thinking of the most effective way to solve the problem.

Thanks for reading, and please let me know what you think about this :)
    --SigmaClient

2. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

3. DaveKing

DaveKing Active Member

Much support!