USA Revised Application

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by Kappa, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Kappa

Kappa Expert Member

Your in-game name:
    Forums_Satoru

What timezone are you in?

Central Standard Time (U.S.)

What country do you live in?

The United States of America

What languages do you speak?

English and a bit of Spanish, About one year of Spanish class.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No

No, but I will, just never have had a need for it (except for that one time I got hacked).
    *Edit, just put it on.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

Yes, I have OBS Studio for recording and an Imgur account for uploading images.

Why do you think you should become a helper?

I think I should become helper because I do not want to see this community get washed away and just disappear. I honestly know that you can be helpful without being a staff member, but its much easier, wouldn't you say? Anyways here's to revamping my app so I don't come off as an arrogant youngun.

Honest
    I will not do unwarranted things or say unwarranted things to another person. I know I have said some very rude and inappropriate things for this community before, but I believe i've started to grow from doing/saying such things. I will never punish or reward someone for something until I've completely looked into the situation. I am also not a biased towards certain groups/people and will not do anything punitive or rewarding until I know for certain someone had done something to warrant a consequence, whether it be good or bad. I also will not take sides, I will listen to both sides of the argument, find facts (if possible) and make judgements based on attitudes, evidence, and general reputations.

Reputable
    I know my reputation in this community is not as good as it could be at the moment, but I have been trying to be a more kind, relatable, and mature person as of late. I know that the support I have gotten has mostly been from people who actually like me in the community, which is not what I want, I want people who will actually notice that I have been a light in the community, or popular by being a decent or even better human being. I know I have not shown my self to be trustworthy, mature, and//or kind in the past, but I am trying to work on it as the days go on, I think that I have done a better job than what I have been doing. I hope that the few who do see me as someone who has potential will help me with my general attitude towards things.

Ambivalent
    Some may not know what that word means, so I'll give you a general definition, it means that I am neither optimistic or pessimistic, I am in between. Basically I look to future and hope for good things to happen, but also prepare for the worst. I believe there is a plus side to being optimistic or pessimistic, with optimism you just have the best outlook on everything, while with pessimism you never have to worry, because you always assume the worst. Those two reasons are why I chose being in between, why not be in between and have the best of both worlds. I will not assume the worst of people on first meeting, I know I have not shown this with such things as Mineverse and Minetime crossing over, but I was just making a joke that only I found funny, I believe and hope that I have moved past being immature with jokes and such. Anyways, back on topic. with being ambivalent it means that as I said in my first paragraph that I will not have bias. I will sometimes take somethings from my own past experiences and/or reputations of other, it really depends on the
    situation.

Mature to a Fault
    I believe I've grown as a person from when I was first that immature kid trying to copy people who would be rebellious because I thought it was cool. I've realized that being rebellious or just plain supercilious is just a hinderance on those who try to make the server better. I will actually take this moment to apologize to everyone I have been indifferent too and sincerely say i'm sorry. Anyways, I believe that I have matured as a person through the times. I know there may be some that disagree and I totally understand where you're coming from, it's silly for me to ask for chances over and over again for stuff that I tend to do over and over again. I just hope that I can be trusted to be the mature and likable guy that I know and others know I can be.

Speech
    Honestly I don't know if this is really needed, but I'll add it anyways. I am a very good speaker, I have a pretty nice and big vocabulary, and I believe that I can get to the point logically and efficiently of an issue or problem. I guess that's really it
    for this topic, not much to say here. The irony of what I just said.

There's my new revised/revamped application, hope you guys will take your time rereading it, thanks.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

Sunday: I have freetime from about 1:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M. then more free time from about 6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
    Monday: I have freetime from about 3:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M. then more free time from about 6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
    Tues. through Fri.: I have freetime from about 4:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
    Saturday: This day has more variability, but I will have free time at least 5 hours.

How long have you been playing Minetime?

I have been playing Minetime for a little over two years now.

Have you ever been banned in the past?
    (Forums & In-game)
    Yes I have, I regret the decisions I made that went into it, but I have become a better person because of it (I hope). Without being punished as I have in the past, I don't think I would have the same persona on Minetime as I do today.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator/helper?

If you count the countless mini servers I have owned and made my way on the staff team of then I have been staff on thousands. If you only want to count the notable one then here's the story.That one had a returning player base of about 50. The first one I had made my way up to Helper, but then I was demoted for reasons that had to do with me being a bit rude to the higher ups about two years ago.

Thanks for the opportunity of applying on my favorite community.

#1 Kappa, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    • Disagree x 9
    • Like x 6
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. Greehn

Greehn Forum Enthusiast

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kappa

Kappa Expert Member

Thanks, but there was no way you read my app in less then one minute xD

4. Greehn

Greehn Forum Enthusiast

I have my ways bud

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Kappa

Kappa Expert Member

You call people bud too. I thought I was the only one.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Greehn

Greehn Forum Enthusiast

I'm canadian lol

7. Kappa

Kappa Expert Member

You know I speak Canadian ;) Also lets get back on topic.

8. Greehn

Greehn Forum Enthusiast

Yes indeed

9. Vitanni

Vitanni Dedicated Minetimer

Support4Satoru, despite your past, I think you'd be a fine helper

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kappa

Kappa Expert Member

Thanks.

11. ferras

ferras Forum Enthusiast

12. Kappa

Kappa Expert Member

Thanks man.

13. Kappa

Kappa Expert Member

Thanks mate.

14. Fiqshing

Fiqshing Active Member

15. Kappa

Kappa Expert Member

Thanks man.

16. Lunxr

Lunxr Forum Enthusiast

+1 even though i dont know you either

17. Kappa

Kappa Expert Member

Thanks man xD

18. Lunxr

Lunxr Forum Enthusiast

why u put +0 on mine tho lol

19. Kappa

Kappa Expert Member

To be brutally honest, I didnt really like your app and I didnt know you, sorry bud.