A Rant About Rants`

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Goowy, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Goowy

Goowy Expert Member

Yes, this is a rant. I realize that this thread in its entirety is very anti-rant.
    Feel free to call me out on my hypocrisy.

There have been an increasing number of "oh no! minetime sucks lets all leave and blame the decreasing playerbase on something completely irrelevant!"
    No.

While writing this, I'm completely aware that the playerbase is decreasing-- it's actually rather sad to see 200 players online compared to the 2000 I was used to seeing one or two years ago. While I would love to return to the 2013 Minetime and reunite with my old faction (most of the members are very inactive or have quit altogether), I'm not complaining, and honestly, neither should you.

Before you start about freedom of speech, I realize that what you're saying is completely legal, however that does not make it any less annoying or unnecessary. The usual goes something like listing how this server has gone downhill because of the skyblock reset, slow development and implementation, hacks, boring servers, mean players, etc.

The staff are working on it. To be released and enjoyed in its entirety, a project has to be complete. If Collin says that something will be released, for example, on April 12th, and something -miraculously- happens in a developer's life then it will most likely not be released on said date. Once it gets released, say, a week from then, everyone will be happy because the project is actually well done. Don't complain about things that were promised, because they will happen eventually.

Ah, the ongoing debate about hacked clients happening in our community. Every time I log on, there's always someone complaining about the hacker that killed them. Many people enjoy Minetime as a hacks-allowed community. I don't know what kind of leverage you are attempting to get by stating that the server has gone downhill because of hacks. Two years ago, people were fighting with hacked clients and two years later this will remain the same. If you're a little bit mad about losing your digital items in a fight with a digital character then feel free to move to a different server where hacking isn't allowed. By all means, take your anti-hack friends with you.

Bottom line, please don't complain or try to "suggest" stupid things. If it's a wonderful, helpful suggestion, then make it-- the staff are always looking for ways to improve. If it's "remove hacks" or "reset ____ faster" then it's just another thing for staff to read through. Continuously pestering isn't going to get anything done.

Don't mean this to be a drama thread, but feel free to voice your opinions.
    well i have an essay that i'm supposed to write for homework but i wrote this mini-essay instead. whoopee.

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Kappa

Kappa Expert Member

I could care less either way. Its obvious Minetime is dying and if nothing amazing or miraculous happens then most should say goodbye. I give Minetime three or four months before it goes completely. What are your thoughts?

#2 Kappa, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. QueenofAmazing

Premium

I agree. I'm starting to hate the minetime community. The forums is where the remaining good minetimers are. I'm starting to debate why I'm still here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CurlyFries

CurlyFries Expert Member

Ever since the survival teset, complaints have gone down drastically. I agree with this thread though.

5. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

That won't last to be honest. People will start complaining because there's always something to complain about, because (surprise) the world isn't perfect.

Like @Black_Lightning said before, you can't go to college and have a server. The only reason for poor development is bad management which leads to not much getting done. You can say whatever you want but a good education is more important than a game.

And to everybody saying that Collin isn't doing a good job of running this server is obviously lying about being here in 2013 so :p

#5 Daniel, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  6. 10freckles

10freckles Dedicated Minetimer

People posting on this thread who disagree... just stop. Your complaints will NOT affect the progress of the server. All this will do is aggravate others and make people upset. So quit complaining and do what you can. Don't sit and wait for improvement; go make the improvement yourself.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Volga

Volga Expert Member

The server is undoubtedly dying out as I feel the entire Minecraft world is. I also think instead of banning hacked clients the sever should have better anti-hack plugins such as kicking people who attack too rapidly. The server has already established itself as a hacking friendly server and will lose a large player base if it ever changes. However, in these past two years hacked clients have drastically improved, the whole concept of pvp has changed for minetime. Fights can drag on for ages with clients that autopot and has macros easily available.
    Well that was my rant...

8. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

a) Nothing else has affected the progress.
    b) Nobody has any executive power in the runnings of the server except high up devs and Collin who keep us in the dark about production.
    c) Because of b, nobody can actually change anything.

9. 10freckles

10freckles Dedicated Minetimer

a) Saying this changes nothing, this all is already known.
    b) I won't respond because I don't want an argument to lock this thread because it's right.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Black_Lightning

Black_Lightning Forum Enthusiast

Wait, I said what?

11. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

Something about how you can't play a piano if you cut off both wrists.

12. kyjord

kyjord New Member

When you log on factions at 1PM and there is 9 players on, RIP...

13. Thelidien

Thelidien Builder

I like uncrowded servers more...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. JJoshh

JJoshh New Member

Same gives you chance to learn a lot more people in the community.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ollie

Ollie retired moderator
    Premium

All you people saying "Minetime is dying", you're wrong. I understand people are leaving, but remember some people returned when survival reset. I think if you knew what was going on behind the scenes, you would change your opinion on what you say about Minetime. If you want resets and better things to be added, you have to wait because these things take time. Yes, Collin goes to college now and can't be on all the time, that's why we have our administrators who work on creating the wonderful resets for you all to enjoy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nathan

Nathan Salty Ex-Mod

For all of you that are complaining about Minetime, it'd be nice if you would stop complaining and actually suggest some things for the server. I have two examples of people suggesting things and they get implemented.

1. I suggested the /warp TylerShop in skyblock because we didn't have access to some of the items that we want to use. Now, almost every item in 1.7 is available on Skyblock.

2. A lot of us, including me, suggested the reset for Survival. And because of SO many people suggesting a reset, it happened.

• Agree Agree x 1